Part 1. TUITION
Tuition shall be charged by Saint Paul College as set forth by Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Board Policy 5.11. All tuition must be identified separately on a tuition and fee statement.
Board Approved Tuition
The Board of Trustees shall approve the tuition structure for all colleges and universities. All colleges and universities shall charge tuition consistent with Minnesota Statutes, Board policies, and system procedures. The Chancellor is authorized to make any necessary technical adjustments to tuition rates.
Market Driven Tuition
The College may set and charge market driven tuition for customized training, continuing education, distance learning, non-credit instruction, and contract post-secondary enrollment options programs.
Part. 2. FEES
Three categories of fees shall be applied to students by Saint Paul College.
- Mandatory fees are in statute or policy and are required to be charged. There are five mandatory fees: senior citizen fee in lieu of tuition, parking fee, late fee, payment plan fee, and statewide student association fee. All colleges and universities shall charge these fees consistent with Minnesota Statutes, Board policies, and system procedures. The Chancellor is authorized to make any necessary technical adjustments to tuition rates.
- Optional fees. The Board of Trustees approves optional fee maximum amounts. The college may establish fees not to exceed the maximum amount approved by the board. The following optional fees are authorized:
- Application Fee
- Credit for Prior Learning Assessment Fee
- Student Life/Activity Fee
- Athletics Fee
- Health Services Fee
- Special Events Fee
- Residential Learning Community Fee
- Technology Fee
The college may charge students the actual cost of property and services. The fee shall be for items that become the personal property of a student and have an educational or personal value beyond the classroom or for services for or on behalf of the students. The actual cost shall be the allowable maximum charge.
Part 4. Student Consultation
All tuition and fees are subject to student consultation requirements as defined by Board Policy 2.3, Student Involvement in Decision Making.