The College shall maintain an appropriate portion of general fund balances designated as a
reserve for which no use is presently planned.
The President is responsible for maintaining a portion of the college resources as a reserve. The
college general fund reserve should be 5-7% of the previous year’s general fund operating
The College shall provide for classification of all year-end fund balances in accordance with the
- Restricted - Balances the use of which is restricted by parties external to college.
- Unrestricted - Balances the use of which is not restricted by parties external to the college.
Unrestricted balances will be designated in one of the following manners:
- Designated for Programs - Balances that have been designated by the college for
- Designated for Reserves - Balances designated by the college for reserves.
- Undesignated - Balances not restricted, designated, or reserved by the college.
If the college’s general fund reserve falls below 5%, the college shall report to the Vice
Chancellor-Chief Financial Officer information on current fiscal conditions with a detailed plan to
achieve a minimum level. If the college’s general fund reserve is above 7% a plan must be
approved by the Vice Chancellor-Chief Financial Officer.