Individual faculty members are responsible for evaluating the achievement of students officially enrolled in their classes.
It is the right and responsibility of faculty assigned to teach a course to:
- Establish the criteria used to evaluate a student’s achievement in the course.
- Communicate the criteria, in writing, via the course syllabus.
- Make the course syllabus available to all students within one week from the first day of class. For shortened courses, the time frame for distribution shall be adjusted accordingly.
- Evaluate and assign grades according to the criteria established in the syllabus.
- Submit grades in Faculty eServices according to institutional timeline.
Credit courses shall be assigned grades according to the following:
|A - Superior Achievement||4 Grade Points||Represents achievement that is outstanding relative to the level necessary to meet course requirements.|
|B - Above Average Achievement||3 Grade Points||Represents achievement that is significantly above the level necessary to meet course requirements.|
|C - Average Achievement||2 Grade Point||Represents achievement that meets the course requirements in every respect.|
|D - Below Average Achievement||1 Grade Point||Represents achievement that is worthy of credit even though it fails to meet fully the course requirements.|
|F - Failure||0 Grade Points||Represents failure and signifies that the work was completed but at a level of achievement that is not worthy of credit.|
|FW - Failure due to Unofficial Withdrawal||0 Grade Points||Represents failure and signifies that the work was not completed.|
|FN - Failure for Non Attendance||0 Grade Points||Represents failure and signifies that no work was completed.|
|P - Pass||0 Grade Points|||
|NC - No Credit||0 Grade Points|||
In addition to grades, the following symbols may be used:
- AU - Audit (Policy 03.36.90.0 Course Audits)
- W - Withdraw (Policy 03.25.12.0 Incomplete, Withdrawal and Repeat Courses)
- I - Incomplete (Policy 03.25.12.0 Incomplete, Withdrawal and Repeat Courses)
- Z - In Progress